What is Sequence Training?
Surfers can repeatedly practice a sequence of maneuvers that are the same as they would do if actually riding a wave. Repetitive sequence-training firmly establishes muscle-memory which dramatically improves a surfer’s skill level on the water.
- A beginner can repeatedly practice the sequence of paddling for a “wave”, standing up on the surfboard, and then turning the surfboard.
- An Intermediate level surfer can practice the sequence of cross-stepping forward and backward on their surfboard, then do a drop-knee turn, and then repeat the cross-stepping maneuver.
- An intermediate level surfer can cross-step to the nose and practice hanging five or hanging ten, before cross-stepping backwards and doing another turn.
- Advanced level surfers can practice switch-foot and cross-step maneuvers ,heels-over noserides, turn-arounds, and any other maneuver you can imagine.
- Advanced level surfers can practice and enhance their style development.